Build confidence and the willingness to take on new challenges!
Did you know that behavior issues are often due to anxiety?
- Does your child fear new things, new people, or new experiences?
- Do they resist going to school?
- Does they overreact to seemingly simple things? This is often due to anxiety.
We use games, pictures and play as therapy. We teach children calming techniques, but these alone do not usually lessen worry. Children need to retrain how they think.
Parents, you an integral part in helping your child’s anxiety. We will teach you what you can do.
Duration: 10 weeks. 2 of these sessions are for parents only (we may be able to arrange childcare with notice)
Length: 45-60 minutes.
Fee includes two 30-minute follow up appointments for parents and/or children.
As part of this group you receive ongoing support from a licensed occupational therapist who will be available to communicate by phone, text, and email to answer questions so you can carryover strategies at home and school.
*We currently offer two groups, one for lower elementary age and one for upper elementary age. Age ranges are just guidelines, children in the middle grades (2nd, 3rd) may fit in either group.
**We are currently starting a waitlist for a group for middle school age children. Please email us at email@example.com if interested.
For elementary-age children
- Learn what to do when worry shows up
- Understand why we worry
- Learn ways to think flexibly, less “black and white”
- Learn problem solving techniques
- Parents learn ways to support their child with all goals and how to manage behaviors associated with worry
Schedule your Appointment Today!
Use our convenient online scheduler to see our group schedule, make an appointment, and register for groups.
Have a question or want more information? We'll provide a quick response!
1031 Pemberton Hill Rd, Suite 203
Apex, NC 27502